The Packetmaster EX48400 is a high performance network packet broker that aggregates, filters, load balances and generally stears the traffic based on 4500 possible rules.
This network traffic is sent to network monitoring, security and management tools. The Packetmaster EX48400 filters and load balances traffic from 10 or 100 Gbps link to multiple 1 Gbps monitoring tools or aggregates multiple 1 Gbps links to 10 or 100 Gbps monitoring tools.
The Packetmaster EX48400 also supports traffic modification as well as changing, removing and adding VLAN, MPLS, VXLAN, NVGRE, MLA, GENEVE.
Functions / Benefits
- Lifetime of rules: Rules can be set with a live time counter. If the counter becomes 0, the rule will be removed automatically.
- Load balancing: L2 / L3 / L4 hash based load balancing, up to 15 load balancing groups.
- GRE Tunnel support: The device can work as end device for a GRE tunnel, for back hauling applications.
- AAA Radius support: User identification
- VXLAN Tunnel support: The device can work as end device for a VXLAN tunnel, for back hauling applications.
- Stacking of units: One Packetmaster can control several other Packetmasters. This gives the possibility to extend the amount of ports per unit.
The management host controller of every EX unit runs a fully featured Debian Linux as operating system. On this host script languages like Python, Perl, TCL, or simple Linux shells are available to run 3rd party applications in order to extend the function of the Packetmaster. These applications can be developed by Cubro or the customer.
PRODUCT CAPABILITIES / FEATURES
|Link/Port Aggregation||Aggregation many to any, and any to many at all link speeds|
|100 Gbps traffic de-multiplexer||The traffic can be easily de-multiplexed into 48 low traffic 10 Gbps links to monitor highly loaded 100 Gbps links.|
|Jumbo Frame Support||The Packetmaster supports jumbo Ethernet frames with a size of up to 16000 Bytes|
|Support of IPv4 and IPv6|
|Ports||48 X 10 Gbps / 1 Gbps
and 2 X QSFP 40 Gbps
4 x QSFP28 or zQSFP 100 Gbps or
48 x 10 Gbps/1Gbps and
6 x QSFP 40 Gpbs
|Configuration / Communication||Web and SSH|
|Bandwidth||1920 Gbps backplane
3200 million Packets per sec
|Aggregation latency||Average < 1 µs for 64-byte frames|
|Power||100-252 V AC power supply and DC power modules available|
TECHNICAL DATA / SPECIFICATIONS
Operating Temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC
Storage Temperature: -10ºC to 70ºC
Relative Humidity: 10% min, 95% max
Dimension (WxDxH): 484 x 495 x 43 mm
Weight: 9.4 kg
Input Power: 100-252V; 4,8 A (max.)
Maximum Power Consumption: 130W
Fully RoHS compliant
Safety – UL 60950-1 / CSA C22.2 60950-1-07 / IEC
60950-1 (2005) EN 60950-1 (2006)