The Packetmaster EX5-2 is a modern network packet broker and network controller switch that aggregates, filters and load balances network traffic sent to network monitoring, security and management tools. The Packetmaster EX5-2 allows you to filter and load-balance traffic from 10 Gbps link to multiple 1-Gbps monitoring tools or aggregate multiple 1-Gbps links to 10 Gbps monitoring tools. The product also supports traffic modification as well as changing, removing and adding VLANs.
Functions / Benefits
- Lifetime of rules: Rules can be set with a live time counter, if the counter becomes 0 the rule will be removed automatically.
- Generate sFLOWS CDRS: The EX5-2 can send standard nFlow or sFlow CDRS to collector devices to monitor the traffic processed by the EX5-2. These devices can produce graphs and SNMP traps for northbound
- GRE Tunnel support: The device can work as end device for a GRE tunnel, for back hauling applications.
- AAA Radius support: User identification
- Stacking of units: One Packetmaster can control several other Packetmasters. This gives the possibility to extend the amount of ports per unit.
The management host controller of every EX unit runs a full featured Debian Linux as operating system. On this host script languages like Python, Perl, TCL, or simple Linux shells are available to run 3rd party applications to extend the function of the Packetmaster. These applications can be developed by Cubro or the customer.
PRODUCT CAPABILITIES / FEATURES
|Link/Port Aggregation||Aggregation many to any, and any to many at all link speeds.|
|10 Gbps traffic de-multiplexer||If highly loaded 10 Gbps links have to be monitored, the traffic can be easily de-multiplexed into 24 low traffic Gbps links.|
|Jumbo Frame Support||The Packetmaster supports jumbo Ethernet frames with a size of up to 12000 bytes|
|Support of IPv4 and IPv6|
|Ports||48 x 10/100/1000 Mbps Base-T
4 x SPF+ 10 Gbps
1 x 10/100/1000 Base-T (Management)
1 x RS232 Console
|Configuration / Communication||Telnet and SSH/Radius Support|
|Bandwidth||176 Gbps backplane
150 million Packets per/sec
|Aggregation latency||Average 1 µs for 64-byte frames|
|Power||100-230 VAC in single and dual power supply versions available
DC Power modules available
TECHNICAL DATA / SPECIFICATIONS
Operating Temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC
Storage Temperature: -10ºC to 70ºC
Relative Humidity: 10% min, 95% max
Dimension (WxDxH): 484 x 380 x 43 mm
Weight: 5,5 kg
Input Power: 100-240V
Maximum Power Consumption: 60W
Fully RoHS compliant
Safety – UL 60950-1 / CSA C22.2 60950-1-07 / IEC
60950-1 (2005) EN 60950-1 (2006)