The World’s Most Advanced Network Operating System
Arista Extensible Operating System (EOS®) is the core of Arista cloud networking solutions for next-generation data centers and cloud networks. Cloud architectures built with Arista EOS scale to hundreds of thousands of compute and storage nodes with management and provisioning capabilities that work at scale. Through its programmability, EOS enables a set of software applications that deliver workflow automation, high availability, unprecedented network visibility and analytics and rapid integration with a wide range of third-party applications for virtualization, management, automation and orchestration services.
Arista EOS is a fully programmable and highly modular, Linux-based network operation system, using familiar industry standard CLI and runs a single binary software image across the Arista switching family. Architected for resiliency and programmability, EOS has a unique multi-process state sharing architecture that separates state information and packet forwarding from protocol processing and application logic.
Featured Video: Arista Containerized EOS
- Scale to your needs, from 100 to 100,000+ compute and storage nodes
- Resilient and proven software operating system based on the publish / subscribe state sharing foundation and evolving to NetDB for a network-wide software infrastructure for centralizing and streaming network state for improved visibility analytics
- Open, standards-based design approach with MLAG at Layer-2, ECMP at Layer-3 with effective use of all available bandwidth in non-blocking modes while providing failover and resiliency
- Network virtualization using overlay technologies such as VXLAN for seamless workload mobility network segmentation, and application extension
- Offering numerous programmability options Arista EOS enables programmatic control of the network.
- Rich, well-structured set of APIs, including:
- eAPI JSON based RPC, providing a REST-like interface using native CLI commands
- OpenConfig, Go, Python and Ruby based object models
- Native Go and Python on box scripting
- Develop native high performance applications using EOS SDK
- Native Linux APIs and scripting
- Tight dev-ops integrations with Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Reduce maintenance windows with Arista Smart System Upgrade (SSU) reduces maintenance windows through intelligent insertion and removal of network elements
- Live patching and upgrade of individual processes within EOS during normal switch operation
- Self-healing resiliency for minimum downtime with fault containment to a single module and process restart without the need to rebuild state information
- Custom monitoring, failover and load balancing with third-party integration for custom monitoring, failover and load balancing
- Unprecedented visibility into application performance and network-wide monitoring capabilities for both industry standards and customer specific DevOps solutions
- Simplified TAP Aggregation with the Arista Data Analyzer (DANZ) feature set
- Rapid identification and troubleshooting of application and network performance problems through tracers such as Cloud TracersTM, VM Tracer, MapReduce Tracer, Path Tracer, Health Tracer, Container Tracer, Latency Analyzer (LANZ) and also sFlow monitoring.
- CloudVision platform for automating the workflows of network operations tasks through the portal
- CloudVision for simplified and scalable integration of the physical network with solutions from Arista ecosystem partners, including VMware, OpenStack, Palo Alto Networks, Microsoft, and many others.
- Simplified provisioning for new and replacement switches with Zero Touch Provisioning (ZTP) and Zero Touch Replacement (ZTR)
- Advanced Event Management for automated responses to network and application events
- Automate complex IT workflows and simplify network operations to individual requirements through rich programmatic capabilities
- Automation Integration with partners enhance native capabilities with tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible and extends automation up the stack to include other network systems and applications including firewalls, load balancers and compute infrastructures with partners such as F5 and VMware.
- Packaged as bundled EOS on Arista switches, Containerized EOS (cEOS), or virtualized EOS (vEOS) for any production or simulation use case and for flexible platform support, including 3rd party hardware
- cEOSTM (Containerized EOS) – Extending cloud automation and operation models for DevOps and NetOps integration and for flexible platform support, including 3rd party hardware